VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2012

From:
Angela Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:23:11 -0500
I searched online and found one definition in the 'urban dictionary' for piddle poop. Go here: http://www.wordthatmeans.com/?w=piddle+poop&ls=a for a definition.

As an aside, my mom, who was raised by her grandmother has used the expression, 'piddle pop' as an exclamation/emphatic expression to mean 'darn it'.  'Padiddle' was also used as an emphatic expression.

My great grandmother coincidently was born in Jan of 1865 prior to Lincoln's assassination. Of note is the era in which my great-grandmother was raised and the influence that had on my mom's development of her expressions.

Angela Park
Sandston, VA