VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2001

Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:30:57 EDT
We sure do hope this is our James, who shot Kirkpatrick.  We are from SC and
to think he defended his wife's honor with a shooting is very impressive.  He
may have been sentenenced to hang but he escaped to Chester County SC and
some of his descendants fought the Yankees in the Civil War.  Good old James,
he has many of us around these days and some are going to fight the sand
fleas.
Ed Sherman in SC