VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2010

From:
Mary Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:21:04 -0400
Now I have another question and stuff to dig through. This is a real long shot.
I have been looking at anothor 'tree' that has matching mtDna trying to track
the first wife of Jeremiah Meador.

The name is Agnes Holloway b 1738 in VA.  and the mtDna matches Mary
Meador, daughter of Jeremiah Meador.

At first I could not find a link, every female connected with Agnes that was
born about 1750 had a husband that and the lines were fairly well
documented.

Then I discoverd that Agnes Holloway b 1738 VA had a second husband,
James Minter b 1720 VA.  I can't find much on James and Agnes but they did
have a daughter Elizabeth b 1755.  I can't find anything for Elizabeth Minter
except a birth date.  No marriage.  I am taking a leap of faith in that she
might be the first wife of Jeremiah Meador b 1746.  Ancestory.com shows a
marriage to Elizabeth ???.  I'm thinking that who ever translated the original
doc to online could not read the last name (or it wasn't there) and since
Meador and Minter look very similar, they just put ???.

Do that make sense?  Can you (or anyone else on the list serve) have info on
Elizabeth Minter b 1755?  Or James Minter and Agnes Holloway (Turner)?

The dna doesn't lie so I'm convinced there is a relationship between Mary
Meador and Agnes Holloway; especially since this J haplo is somewhat unusal.

Mary