VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2006

Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:16:14 EST
In a message dated 1/12/06 11:10:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>The  LDS are currently scanning everything they have preserved in the
granite  >mountain and over the next couple of years will make it available on the
Internet. >The great thing about this is they have also been going to state
archives and >county courthouses...<
So you think that is great.  Well, some years ago I was  privileged to see
some of the Louisiana State Archives records in Baton Rouge  that were left a
gigantic mess when the LDS got through with them some years  previously.  I was
not impressed at all that the LDS would do that to the  records or that the
Louisiana Archives people would let them get away with  it.

Jno