VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2001

From:
Joy King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:19:13 -0400
Vickie Elam White wrote:

> I will be interested to see what other folks say.

This one is from the South Carolina records, there were no children involved
but she sure didn't waste any time remarrying!

1767/10/May Will of JOHN SWANCIN [SWANSEY] Will Bk.RR [1767-1771 p.344: In the
Name of God, Amen, the Tenth day of May in the year of our Lord, 1767.  I JOHN
SWANCIN in the County of Bartholomews . . . to my Beloved wife Rebekah SWANCIN
. . .

SC Articles of Agreement Intended made Concluded, & Agreed upon between JOHN
MILLES of Ashepoo in the said Province Coard Wainer of the one part, & REBECCA
SWANSEY widow of John SWANSEY Lately deceased . . . In Witness whereof the said
John MILLIS hath hereunto put his hand & Seal the 11th day of May & in the Year
of our Lord 1767 & in the Seventh Year of Our Reign.

Joy