VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 04:14:48 -0600
Hello,

Does anyone know if any company (or individual) has taken the old
microfilmed tax lists and put them on CDs?  If so, I'd love to know
where to find them.

I am interested in Albemarle Co., VA from about 1793 through 1810.  I
don't need the 1787 Census or tax list for Albemarle, as I already have
what I need from it.

My 4th g-grandparents, William FERGUSON and Catherine "Caty" GILMORE,
married 28 Oct 1793 in Albemarle Co., and they left there around 1807
and moved to Sumner Co., TN, according to the obituary of one of their
children.  He died before the 1810 census was taken, so I've not been
able to find him in a census.  I'd love to find the tax information on
him and someone I feel is a close relative to him, Daniel Ferguson.

If anyone knows if these tax lists have been digitalized, please let me
know.  I've found several other counties posted, but Albemarle isn't there.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Best wishes,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX