VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:47:55 -0500
I agree that a Y Chromosome test between known and recorded male descendants
of both families in question may produce some accurate and interesting
research. However, I am not aware of who could or should be involved in this
test. In my participation in the Jefferson-Hemings DNA Study it was pointed
out that "accurate" family genealogy and history MUST be considered. Denial
or misintrepetation of this history has resulted in inaccuracy in the above
mentioned study.

There is another source of DNA of a male Hemings descendant that is vital to
adding a second source, HOWEVER they refuse to test this person, William
Hemings, and state that they are happy with the original ONE tested person.
In DNA research ALL history and science on all possible DNA donors is required.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian