VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2000

From:
Jeannine Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeannine Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:58:18 -0400
You are so right, Ann.   The woods seem to be full of Williams of any given
surname.

Some wonderfully kind researcher gave me information  that my William Walker
was born 1640 and married Elizabeth Warren(?) in VA before 1681.  He had a
son William who married Elizabeth Clopton.  Don't know any more about this
William.  (The time is such that he could be your William?)  My William died
in 1723 in Lunenburg Co., VA.

My husband is descended from his son Sylvanus, b. 1686.  He married Ann
Tandy.  Their son Sylvanus, b. 1718, d. 1785 in VA, m. Martha Wade prior to
1744.  They also had a son named William who died in Washington Co., MS -
don't know when.

Our descent is through Sylvanus and Ann's son Aurelius who married Nancy
Turner prior to 1785; through their son Matthew, b. 1785, d. 1832. m. Sarah
"Sally" Stone in 1809; through their daughter Martha, b. 1817 in VA, m. Feb.
20, 1840 to Irby Hudson in Hancock Co., GA; through their daughter Julia, b.
about 1846, who m. John Edward Jackson, Jr. January 1, 1862 - my husband's
grandparents.

I think I've about told you all I know about the Walkers.  Really need to
get some dates and places nailed down on this line.

Sylvanus, b. 1718, was a Captain in the American Revolution.

Does anything here look familiar?  County lines have changed so much since
early times that it is possible that Goochland Co. and Lunenburg Co. were
one at one time.

Good luck.

Jeannine Jackson