VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:06:29 EDT
I am subscribed to Ancestry.com. I just redid my subscription in April. So
this is my second year.
I find that I use it a lot. I live in Florida and am about 20 miles from the
nearest library. I do a lot of my research in the West Virginia area and the
library in Tampa has a total of about 15 books on West Virginia.
I like the idea that I can search the Census sitting here in front of my
computer screen. I do not have to sign in and only use the microfilm for an
hour if others are waiting.
Ancestry is not perfect but it is a whole lot better than going to the
library and doing the census.
I have found that when I put in a name for the Census index sometimes it will
tell me that person is not listed and I have already done the Census before
at the library and know for a fact that the person is listed. That bothers me
a little.
Pat Adkins
Riverview Florida