VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2009

From:
Jigsaw Genealogy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 00:55:45 -0400
Per Don Moore's suggestion, I checked my copy of Kenneth L. Smith's "Estate
Inventories: How to Use Them" (Morgantown, PA: Mastof Press, 2000).  Neither
"Toon" nor "Tune" are noted; likewise, neither "Old Toon" or "New Toon,"
"Old Tune" or "New Tune."

Neither of Paul Drake's volumes "What Did They Mean by That?" and "More What
Did They Mean By That" contain either phrase, either.

Barbara Jean Evans' "A to Zaz" (3rd edition) also does not include an
explanation for "Toon."

Good luck!

Mary Beth Dalton
Jigsaw Genealogy
P.O. Box 5595
Williamsburg VA  23188-5209
757-564-1982

Member, Association of Professional Genealogists