VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2003

From:
Steve and Yvonne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve and Yvonne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:47:10 -0400
Hi Marlene,

We do not know of any Buckingham tax lists available online. We are
currently scanning the entire Buckingham personal property tax list
microfilm, 1782 - 1810, and will be using the 1790 and 1800 tax lists for
our website. So far we have completed the scans for 1782, 1783 and 1784. We
found the following West entries:

1782, Thomas Anderson's list:
Richard West

1783, William Perkin's list:
Richard West

1784 list:
Richard West
William West

We still have lots to scan to do for the years 1785-1810, and we will let
you know about any other West listings that we find.

Steve and Bunny
"1790" / "1800" County Tax Lists of Virginia
Reconstructed 1790 and 1800 Censuses