VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:46:10 -0400
Hello,

I'd like your advice on purchasing a new printer to print the family history book I've written.  Which printers do you recommend?

My book is about 150 pages.  I've included many color photos in the book, along with lots of text, some of which is also in color.  I'm not looking for a printer to print professional quality photos.  I want a printer with the following characteristics:

- prints clear text (in color and black & white)
- easily prints 2 sides of the page
- won't use up all of the ink cartridges on a 150 page book
- prints 150 pages without skipping pages, or skipping lines of print

I've read Consumer Reports, but their printer reviews focus on printers which do good photos.  I'm more interested in a printer that will print both black & white and color text, without drinking up so much ink.

I've also checked out various businesses which will print genealogy books for me, but have decided against using them.  I want to print these books myself, and then have them bound professionally.

Thanks for your help,
Sandy
researching the Andrew Jackson GILMORE (1830-1895) & Mary Ann GILBERT (abt.1833-abt.1904) family of Rockbridge Co, VA