VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2007

From:
Schulman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 04:42:41 -0800

I am looking for clues regarding the parents of
LUCINDA DYER born c 1815 in Fairfax, in area later
was known as Hunter Mill. There are other Lucinda's in
this family, my quest is for the one who married
JOHN W. BREWER, orphan son of ZACHARIAH BREWER,
deceased in War of 1812 (14th US A Army Regiment).
John was born in Virginia - his parents Rebecca and
Zachariah were born in Maryland c 1790.

There is a naming pattern for 'Lucinda' found in the
Virginia Dyers, and also the first-middle name Henry
Fenton. I have followed the Henry Fenton Dyer name
from Virginia to Ohio and then Illinois/Indiana in
the mid-late 1800s.

I am aware of the Dyer family history at Fairfax PL.
I think these may be related to Lucinda Dyer Brewer
but does not cover her. The Dyer wills in Fairfax for
the earlier 1800s do not mention this Lucinda.

Suggestions and actual new information most
appreciated.

Jacque-Lynne Schulman
McLean, VA

website: www.jlaschulman.com