VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2006

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:24:37 -0700
Aha!  So glad you mentioned editing programs.  I had wanted to ask, but was hesitant to add another "off subject" to this list.  Trouble is that the techy mail-lists are too technical for me!

   Wondering if anyone can recommend a good photo editing program that does not cost an arm and a leg. I have Corell, but have never been able to understand it.  (Tells you something about me, I suppose.)

  My problem is that  I've been asked by a small Alaskan museum to send copies of photos of my pioneer grandfather and a few others for a permanent display.   It means restoring some faded photos as well as some that were scanned by a cousin and show fold lines.  I live in a very rural area, where the closest photo-service is a Walgreen's Pharmacy, and no way can I expect anything from them.  In addition, the museum wants hard-copy and not a CD.  Any suggestions re. a photo editor?

  Joanne