VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2001

From:
Jeannine Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeannine Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 18:33:00 -0400
Have been noticing references to Thorntons in VA -- but do any of you have Thorntons who went to NC?

I have a Winifred Thornton b.c. 1760 -- all I know about her except she married Charles Gant c. 1780 (first child was born in 1780) in Franklin Co., NC (best I can figure).

Have Gants in Isle of Wight, VA in early 1700's.

Children of Winifred and Charles were Jeremiah, Charles Jordan, Nancy, William and Mary Angeline.

Charles' father was John Gant, b. c. 1685 in Surry Co., VA, his son John was Charles' father b.c. 1713 Isle of Wight, VA.  He married Ann (Brantley?).

Does any of this look familiar to anyone?

Jeannine in GA