VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2008

From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levy, Suzanne S.
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:27:11 -0400
Please be advised that some records may be unavailable and if you are
planning a trip to the Circuit Court for these records, it would be wise
to call ahead.

Fairfax County Chancery Records from 1803 - 1855 will be unavailable
while they are offsite being scanned. During this time, the vendor will
be able to provide us copies of these files, so if anyone requires these
documents, please contact me at the Circuit Court Historic Records Room.
Scanning these files is the first step to making all pre-1913 Chancery
Cases available online through the Library of Virginia.  During the next
few months other files will be taken offsite for scanning - if you have
any questions on this schedule, please feel free to contact me.

For more information about this project, please visit the Library of
Virginia's website:
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/whatwehave/local/chancery/index.htm

Katrina R. Krempasky
Circuit Court Historical Records