VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:15:08 -0600
Ms. Lee Anne, as you mentioned, I would not overlook the possibility of purposely embellished script, especially in Victorian times.  My own father, who was very barely able to read and write, wrote his name with several flourishes and was not consistent in those shapes, marks and configurations.

Personally I have found NO steadfast consistency in the handwriting of anyone, even in the same individual when comparing his youthful script with his hand when aged.

Then too, I find no reasons for consistency dictated by any particular language.  I do, however, check this website when I need to delve into German handwriting, script, etc.  Paul
http://thorin.adnc.com/~lynnd/vutool4.html