VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2011

From:
barbara peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:33:29 -0700
Does anyone have any idea about education in 18th century Va?
I am interested in where a person would have been educated and where and when they would have acquired a "higher" education.

Evidently one of my ancestors was well educated. In his will he provided for the college education of his youngest son. His other children attended college.

He was born ab 1760 in Va and died in Jackson County Ga in 1838.

His married a Gathright and his children married into the Bacon and Hood families. I understand these are old Va names.

Any help would be appreciated.