VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2004

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:40:39 -0700
Julie--The site I was referring to is this one Brent sent.
http://people.uvawise.edu/runaways/

From there, scroll down a bit and click on the image, which
will take you to:

http://www.vcdh.virginia.edu/gos/

 Then you can click on documents, resources, etc.   The
slave ads describe clothing in detail, and there is a
definition of the clothing material, etc. in a glossary
which is included in the list of resources.

Another  resource listed takes you to:
http://www.vcdh.virginia.edu/gos/resources.html
and includes images that show clothing (mostly of slaves).
It's necessary to do some exploring, and I just barely
tapped the surface. --Joanne