VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2008

From:
Sarah Ewald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Ewald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:33:00 -0500
I'm sure there's always these kinds of messages, and here's another one. I'm
not sure how this site works, or how to search for particular information. If
someone would kindly help me from wandering too aimlessly, I'd appreciate it.

Most of my most recent ancestors originated in Virginia. At present, I'm
perplexed by one family in particular. I'm looking for information about any of
the following people:

James Andrew Ware - born in King/Queen County 12/28/1888

Sarah Elizabeth Bristow - not sure what county, approximate birth year 1853

Sylvester Pillsbury - not sure what county, approximate birth year 1839

My confusion lies in this: Virginia Vital Records show James Ware's birth
parents as Sarah Elizabeth Bristow & Sylvester Pillsbury on his birth
certificate. However, other records exist (including those by James Ware
himself) that list his parents as Sarah Ware and John Richard Ware.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about getting information on any of these
individuals??? Thanks so much.

Sarah