VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2012

From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:02:18 -0400
Hi All

Took me a bit to find what I was looking for but my first experience with
this was in Ireland. If you look at "Tracing Your Irish Ancestors" 4th
Edition by John Grenham on page 155 this is discussed.
The lease was good for however many people you could negotiate it for. In
this case three lives and the lessee got to pick the other two
people--normally family and usually younger members to maximize the lease.
However you have to remember survival of young people was very problematic
back then.

--
Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach