VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:21:35 -0400
Clay and listers,
    Sometime ago I searched the LDS site re: my great grandmother.....born in Germany.  Always been told was Stuttgart....  not so.  Anyway.... while doing the search, IGI came up with her maiden name, and not 1 husband, but 2.  Listing a film #.  I ordered it........was film of the actual church book!  Not only did I find g.grandmom's  marriages...but Christening of a G.Aunt........the husbands parents names, etc.  Was a terrific find!
  Agree that many family trees are not good, but don't let that keep folks from using their website.
D. Blackwell