VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:02:22 -0600
HATCHER website: http://hatcherfamilyassn.com
HALL DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hall/HDNAtest.htm
"If you can't stand the skeletons, stay out of the closet" - Val D Greenwood

It is a pleasure to "meet" you, William Milam!

And while we do have our own website at http://hatcherfamilyassn.com (using TNG software), my story relates to DNA testing on a branch of our Hatchers from ChesterfieldCo, VA, to LaurensCo, SC. You may recognize that migration route since it is mid-1700s ChesterfieldCo where we find John Milam and LaurensCo to which some of his sons remove.

Our Jameston Hatcher Sr and wife, Anne Knibb, lived in Chesterfield and after Jameston's death, Anne, her dau Nancy, and 2 sons removed to Laurens/Newberry/Edgefield Cos, SC. It is in Laurens that we find Anne and dau, Nancy, with several Hatcher children. DNA testing on descendants of Nancy's sons proved all of these children were Milams. There are a number of Milam's in the area and we have not yet nailed down daddy, but we know he's lurking there somewhere.

Please feel free to check out our site for Jameston Hatcher Sr where you will find several Chesterfield recs mentioning Milams. Take whatever you need for I'm sure you can find the originals at LVA from the sourcing on our file.

We have a well-documented file that is open to anyone and you will find our work copied all over the web (with no credit given to us, of course). But I am comfortable in the knowledge that we are also well-known in the community of serious researchers and that our work can always be distinguished as the superior product as opposed to the many cheap imitations.

At one time I would find myself more than a little upset finding our work plastered hither and yon without credit. But I learned it's not worth worrying about. So - always keep your sense of humor! Does wonders for your blood pressure :-)

Nel Hatcher