VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

From:
Bessida White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:36:42 EST
Hotels within walking distance of the Library of Virginia are the Richmond
Marriott at 5th and Broad (just 2 blocks away), the Berkely and the Omni (both
at 12th and Cary), the Commonwealth Parks Suites Hotel at 9th and Bank (just 2
blocks away), and the Linden Row Hotel at 1st and Franklin (this property has
an interesting period flavor).  A little further away, but still potentially
in walking distance are the Crown Plaza at 6th and Canal, the Quality Inn at
2nd and Cary, and the Jefferson at Franklin at Adams (old expensive 5-star
elegance).

Virginia Union is a short cab ride or a substantial walk if you are a walker,
while Vital Records is at Willow Lawn, some 50 blocks from downtown
(definitely a cab or bus ride). See info on downtown Richmond hotels at:
http://hotel-guides.us/virginia/richmond-va-hotels.html#downtown-hotels.

If I wanted pure convenience to LVa, I would select the Marriott.  If I were
on a budget I might do Linden Row or Quality Inn.  If money were no object,
definitely the Jefferson.

Bessida Cauthorne White