VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2007

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 08:18:39 -0500
Eastman's Online Genealogy NewsletterIMPORTANT; might mean much to many of us !!!
 Subject: [eogn] Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - 3 new articles

      Please feel free to forward this message to others. Do you wish to unsubscribe? The unsubscribe button is near the bottom of this message and it works instantly. You can change your e-mail address if you click here.

      Here are the latest articles on Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter for [log in to unmask]

        a.. FamilySearch to Provide Access to World's Genealogical Records
        b.. Comment: FamilySearch to Provide Access to World's Genealogical Records

      Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - 3 new articles

      A Day in San Diego

      I had a great day this past Saturday. I flew to San Diego on Friday and attended a joint meeting of the The Computer Genealogy Society of San Diego and The San Diego Genealogical Society. I gave several talks to the 186 attendees. I also managed to find a couple of good Mexican meals, something that is difficult to find where I live. I then grabbed a red-eye flight home on Saturday evening.

      I'd write a description of the genealogy meeting, but I just found that Steve Danko has already done...

      Read the rest of the story »

      • Email to a friend •

      FamilySearch to Provide Access to World's Genealogical Records

      This is perhaps the most important genealogy announcement of the past few years. The following announcement was written by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

      FamilySearch Unveils Program to Increase Access to World's Genealogical Records

      Tidal Wave of Online Databases Will Result

      SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH-FamilySearch announced today its Records Access program to increase public access to massive genealogy collections worldwide. For the first time ever, FamilySearch will...

      Read the rest of the story »

      • Email to a friend •

      Comment: FamilySearch to Provide Access to World's Genealogical Records

      I published an article yesterday entitled, Rumor Mill: LDS Family History Centers to Offer Additional Online Resources. I must admit that even I was surprised when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints made an announcement only a few hours later, early on Monday morning. The announcement is everything that I had predicted and a lot more.

      In fact, I believe this is perhaps the most important genealogy announcement of the past few years.

      The first part of the announcement is a...

      Read the rest of the story »

      • Email to a friend •

New Content Recently Released on Footnote!

  a.. Additional Naturalization Records from Pennsylvania, Maryland and Louisiana
  b.. General Photos of the Fine Arts Commission including photos of WWI & WWII cemeteries, plaques and grave markers, etc.
  c.. And more!
Footnote is adding millions of new images every month.

Become a Footnote member today and be some of the first to see these original documents that have never been available on the Web before.

Visit www.footnote.com today!