VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2003

Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:05:46 EST
Sharon

I have been researching Ft Redstone (southwest PA) which depending on who or
when was in Westmoreland, Va or Pa or just PA. You need to read up on the War
of 1812 also.

A couple of years ago Westmoreland and/or Washington Co (PA) had an excellent
tutorial online for this area.  Apparently it was of high interest at one
time politically.  It became part of  PA as a political compromise you might
say.  I have been to this area and spent some time in the local librarys.  If
you want more info than what you can get online let me know.

Brock Robertson