VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2002

From:
"E. Tanner" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. Tanner
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:06:44 -0400
If it's printed in a book some people will believe it no matter how much
evidence you produce to prove it isn't true.  LDS has a book on my Hensley
line that is so full of errors that none of its information can be trusted.
I suggested that it be pulled from inventory but I think it is still there.

Few people know my sister's given name.  She is called by a nickname given
to her when she was about 3 days old and it stuck.  Without that knowledge
her name would be wrong in any genealogy.   My maternal uncles, with the
exception of two, were always called by names other than their given names
and, without research  their names would be wrong.  I think all families
have that to some extent.

I want people to correct any errors in my information.  I know there are
errors in mine and in information I receive.  That is why it is so important
for us to share what we have.  By sharing we can help minimize those errors.

Cynthia, my neighbor called me Ethel and, try as I might, I stayed Ethel.
Edith