VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2001

Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:09:04 EST
Hi guys,

I have corresponded with several Godsey researchers over the years, and have
two questions with which I hope some of you can help.  I trace my line to
Owen J. Godsey b. 1810 in Virginia. My line is as follows, starting with the
youngest.

1.    Owen J Godsey (born c. 1810)
2.    Henry and Margarite Davidson Godsey (b. c. 1790)
3.    Henry Godsey Jr. (or his brothers Stephen or Daniel Logan born c.1770)
4.    Henry Godsey (born 1750 Chesterfield Co.)
5.   Thomas and Phoebe Lacy Godsey (born c. 1720-1725)

My two questions are:

1.  Does anyone have records so I can determine the the parents of Henry
Godsey- (Margarite Davidson's husband)
2.  Is it fully accepted that this Godsey line is from Sir Edmund Godfrey of
Lymehouse England?  At one time there was some discussion about it coming
from a Loouis Gedsey who arrived in Va. circa 1700.

Thank you for any assiatnce you can provide.

Frank Murray