VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:16:41 -0500
I still transcribe and share  raw data, cemeteries, newspapers, old bio's,
photographs.... whatever I get my  hands on.  I am one who will indeed walk
a cemetery, chalk in hand transcribing stones.  I love it. I love knowing
that somewhere, someone who cannot afford to travel to this town or state
will find  his or her grandparents in those transcriptions and be
overwhelmed with gratitude,  just as I have been when someone has done it
for me.  I still have great respect for those folks who still volunteer to
mediate and mother a list or website.  The little free data I send to them
is not enough payment for all they do. They must really love what they do to
put up with us.