VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2006

From:
Alan Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:35:20 -0400
I am trying to find anyone who might have information on the Lyons family
in Virginia during the late 1700's and early 1800's.  My great great
grandfather Hamilton Jefferson Lyons was born in Virginia in 1806
according to the 1850 census.  I have positively traced him to Warren
County, Ohio in 1830 where he married Anna Titus.  They named their first
son James Lyons, which I am assuming would have been the name of
Hamilton's father.  I have been told by other family members that they
thought Hamilton's family was from Augusta County, but have no proof of
this.