VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Rose Compton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:13:30 EST
Oh and let's talk about the chores before church ...  and after!!
   Are there more than one or two people on  this list serve that grew up on
an actual working farm?  You gathered eggs,  mucked out barn stalls, slopped
the hogs .. ??? Feed the Livestock???   (Before school & church)...
That farm did not run itself.
   Children today think that they have it so bad  ........ I'd love to hear
from someone who remembers what it use to be like.....
Before micro-wave instant meals...   (VS)  actual cooking
TV & TiVo.... ( vs )  8mm or VHS
and that is just the beginning.     You've  actually been there and done that
when it was the best technology available. You  were a part of HISTORTY!!!
  These are the things I want to hear about on this  site.
How many of you remember the moon landing????   How many  of you are TAUGHT
this in class?

In a message dated 1/16/2009 12:45:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,