VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:12:35 +0000
Hi Mr. Drake,
 I at no time was referring to anything you said just referring to the list
in the course of this discussion.

I understand that alot of people do not like Ancestry.com that is their
choise. I do and it has helped me find out where some of my relatives went
to. In one case I found a cousin had moved from Virginia to California via
census records on Ancestry and then via a database on Oregon deaths I found
out she had died there in 1949. And with that information I was able to go to
LVA's interlibrary loan and order a newspaper and found her obituaty in it
proving it was indeed the right lady. This is one example how it can
sometimes lead to some good information.

I just thought I could express my opinion as others have done. If others do
not like it I have no problem with that. We live in a great free country.

God bless,
     Beth