VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Joy watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:46:39 -0700
With many thanks to Elizabeth, Bill and others;

I believe there may be mistakes in any sort of record we try to use, and as Elizabeth said before, we need to find as many primary sources as possible.  I discovered at almost age 70!
that my father's father was not the man I thought and had known from childhood.  What a shock!

And some of us have no opportunity to do a helpful DNA test  (have done the National Geog.
 test/Dr. Spencer Wells--good for very deep ancestry).  The only male source I have is on my mother's side--totally Scandinavian ancestry.

I wish new genealogy researchers would understand that Family Search, Ancestry, World Family Tree, etc.  are good for CLUES, but please back it up with research..

J. Watkins