VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2010

From:
Poldi Tonin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:47:32 -0500
Look for an extension of Margaret's indenture.  It was common to extend
indentured status of women who became pregnant and were consequently unable
to perform labor for master.
Also look for a binding out of the child in court minutes or in Vestry
minutes.

Good luck on your search.

--

"She is insane, of course. The family history has become a mania for her."
Hercule Poirot

http://www.FrontPorchRockerNews.blogspot.com

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Langford
This project includes Lankford spelling also.

"Truth and reason are eternal. They have prevailed. And they will
eternally prevail; however, in times and places they may be overborne
for a while by violence, military, civil, or ecclesiastical."
--Thomas Jefferson Thomas Jefferson, 1810