VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2002

Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:52:56 -0500
I am working on a personal project [not for publication] which has grown
way too big for me.  Trying to connect the dots of families who
originated in Virginia and thru one state or another wound up in Crawford
County, Illinois by 1850.  (Or as it happens - landed in neighboring
Lawrence & Clark Counties in Illinois, but primarily settling in
Crawford).

I sure could use some help, clues, bios, obits, tiny family trees, F.
Amily legends, thanks Pat, I like that, notes written on the back of
laundry receipts, are there even Wills? <gasp>.  I may have actual
records - pre-1850,  to share in return. Including maiden names of who
married whom, firstly and secondly, etc.,  for those ladies you have
???marks after. [I'm aware ultimately everything needs a primary source,
but at this stage a ? after someone's best guess may just be the missing
piece to one of the puzzles and find a source at this end.

Cynthia, settling in for the long cold winter in Wisconsin.
mailto:[log in to unmask] or
mailto:[log in to unmask]
But please please warn me first if you need to send by attachment.

..