VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2012

From:
Charlie&Sue Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:10:42 -0500
We found a 3rd cousin (or rather he found us, since we tested first).  So
far, there has been no extension back in time of our known ancestry.  Our
surname is Wilson, and most of the matches are to people named Ireland
and Downing, with no common locations within the US, leading us to
believe that the connection between/among us is back in Northern Ireland
before surnames were used.

We have Wilsons in the 1700's in Virginia, most likely location is
Brunswick Co., VA, with possible earlier locations of Lunenburg and
Mecklenburg counties, or Henrico County (now Chesterfield County) VA.
Another possible location is Bedford Co., VA.   We've ruled out the
Wilsons in Hardy Co., VA and the Wilsons in Princess Anne Co., VA.

Sue Wilson