VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:18:40 EST
Looking for the parentage of Samuel T. NEAL. In the 1850 VA Census for
Kanawha Co. there is a Samuel T. NEAL, 40, married to a Sarah FISHER (found
their marriage 1829 in Kanawha), 47, living in household 1267. They are in
Mason Co., WV (Clendenin) in the 1880 WV Census living with their Son Samuel
and his Wife.

Neither LDS or ancestry.com has a pedigree for Samuel. I believe this family
is connected to a 400 acre piece of property called the Neal Plantation
either in Jackson Co., VA or straddling the Jackson Co./Kanawha Co. line in
the 1840s that my GGGG Grandfather (Thomas HUFFMAN) and his oldest Son (John
S. HUFFMAN) purchased in 1842 (no Deed found or record of them paying land
taxes or personal property taxes, but the family sold the property to a
Benjamin BURGESS in the early 1850s in a transfer document).

I am also trying to nail down the exact location of the Neal plantation as
it's possible there might be a cemetery where Thomas HUFFMAN, above, is
buried along with his Wife, my GGGG Grandmother, Margaret LEMMON.

Any information would be appreciated. Julius (Tim) Spradling, III