VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:08:33 EST
Does anyone know where I can purchase the book "Adventures of Purse and
Person"? Or obtain it on a site?
It mentions that Col Francis West married Susannah Littlepage and there is
substantial proof to back this up. Also in the LIttlepage History it states he
married Susannah daughter of Richard Littlepage of King William and New Kent
Co., Va.

I have never found any proof that any of Francis West's children belonged to
Susanah COLE and everyone lists his children as belonging to his Third Wife
JANE COLE. There is absolutely no way ANY of these children could belong to JANE
COLE.  She did not marry Francis West until after her second husband died.
She married Francis West in 1761.

I have had to "assume" ,at least for now, that my Ancestor RICHARD WEST was
the son of FRANCIS AND SUSANNAH LITTLEPAGE WEST. Especially as her father's
name was Richard. All the facts I have leads me to have to "assume" this. Trying
to find any proof.
Thank You,
Marlene West Perry