VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:26:14 -0500
Every piece of information helps get you closer to your goal.  My
grandfather died when my mother was 10 year old, he used the name of his
step-father and he was believed to be an only child.  I searched for 25
years for the father of my grandfather.  He had 8 kids and the older ones
knew that he used the name of his step-father but they didn't know if his
father was a Foster or a Forrester.  About 2 years ago, I found his mother's
death certificate signed by my grandfather which included her maiden name.
Then I found him with his mother in two different counties...using two
different surnames..one I expected and one I didn't. Just a few weeks ago, I
found his parents' marriage certificate in a third county.  His father,
Burrell T. Foster, was born in S. VA and after an apparent divorce in TN,
moved back to VA with my grandfather's sister. Both parents were listed as
"widowed" but each had one child after the marriage of the couple.

I am now starting the research on this family in hopes of finding not only
Burrell's relatives but also descendants of his sister, Leona.

So, don't give up hope.

Cynthia McDaniel