VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:07:05 -0400
I hadn't recalled seeing reference to a king's attorney in
my research on George Washington.  A quick search of the
George Washington papers turned up the following:

George Washington to Robert Dinwiddie, September 8, 1756:
I think it highly necessary some vigorous measures should
be taken to engage or compel the deserters to return to
their duty. It certainly would be of service were the
King's attorneys in the several counties, ordered to
prosecute all who harbour them, without respect of persons.

Henry Wiencek