VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2000

Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:37:15 EST
I am hoping to find where two McKenzie men were born in VA.  Benjamin
McKenzie and Reuben McKenzie were both born in VA according to census
records.  Benjamin in 1768 and Reuben in 1770.  We believe these to be
brothers.
They appear in SC - Pendleton Dist and Greenville Co.- as early as 1788 and
remained there into the 19th century.
I have no leads where in VA they were born.  Is anyone researching VA
McKenzies or have you seen the name in a VA county before the Revolution?
Any suggestions will be welcome. So far checking books in my local library
has turned up very few possibilites.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Gale Fuller