VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2001

From:
katie angermeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
katie angermeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:06:50 -0000
Greer Stene wrote me, and I now forward to the list:

>From: "greer stene" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Bethlehem Lutheran Church-Augusta
>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:36:32
>
>Hi, I live 35 miles south of Staunton, VA, the largest city in Augusta
>County.  I tried to get a phone no. for the church you are looking for, but
>it is not in Staunton, so must be somewhere in the surrounding area.  It
>could be in Waynesboro, Verona, or Fishersville, or out in the county
>somewhere.  One of the larger churches in Staunton is Christ Lurtheran.
>The number is 540 885-4843.  I would think someone there could give you a
>phone no. and/or address.  Good luck!   Greer Stene>>>

Don't forget that Augusta County was huge in 1738 when it was formed from
Orange County, and that it was in turn a parent county to multiple counties
in West Virginia and Virginia.  Don't limit your search to present day
Augusta county.

There is a web site for VA counties by G. Lee Hearl.      I'll try to find
that and post to list.  Later.
Katie