VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:06:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/2003 5:54:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I am wondering, as someone else said, what is this list for????

Dear Gentle Readers:
       This and all lists can only work if everyone recognizes the delicate
nature of electronic communications. The impersonal nature of it has caused
civility and graciousness to be throen out the window (or tube)--on all
lists--everywhere. The list would survive if we all decided to bring back graciousness,
and "extreme" manners (and we all would learn from this ettiquette)...and the
Golden Rule...and a sincere desire to not hurt someone's feelings even if
ours has been hurt. The Golden Rule does not say "Do unto others as they do unto
you."  It says "Do unto others AS YOU WOULD HAVE others do unto you. This
rules out "Getting back" at someone. May be worth a try. I'm guilty and I will
change and improve.
Ed Sherman