VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:06:20 -0600
  When I request any vets' records, I write in the margin of the form, "ALL PAPERS, Please".  If you do not so do, it is likely that some Archives clerk will decide which of the papers she finds you "probably" need.  That can sometimes deprive you of MUCH valuable information.  Then too, Craig Scott has added, and I surely agree:

  "...get the final pension payment or the
  settled account for those wars prior to the Civil War.

  Craig

  Craig R. Scott, CGRS
  CEO & President
  Heritage Books, Inc.
  Willow Bend Books (the Bookstore division of Heritage Books, Inc.)
  65 East Main Street
  Westminster, MD 21157-5062
  800 876-6103

  Visit our websites at www.HeritageBooks.com and www.WillowBendBooks.com