VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:32:48 -0600
ALL;  PLEASE - PLEASE - NOTE:  I do NOT send messages as "pauldrake", nor do I send attachments or any message captioned "re: thank you".   I am sorry for any inconvenience, and am checking to see if I have a virus.
*************************

Hello Paul Friend,

It appears that a virus has scavenged your email address out of someone's
address book. I have received 2 emails from your address; 1 last night and 1
this morning, containing a pretty nasty bug. My anti-virus caught both of
them, but I would expect some people are going to try and point the finger
at you since it is using your address.

I knew it wasn't from you. It came to me as pauldrake, not Paul Drake. It
says "re: thank you" and there is a file attached. It has obviously
harvested mine too, since they were sent here. I surmise that we are both in
that same address book.

If you have not been besieged already this morning, I just wanted to give
you a heads up. Someone out there is not practicing safe cybering.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Debra