VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levy, Suzanne S.
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:34:34 -0500
Our library has a copy of Chataigne's Virginia Gazetteer and Classified
Business Directory for 1890-91.

In the chapter for Giles County it lists the following Attorneys-at-Law:

Cecil, P.W.             Ripplemead
Easley, G.W.            Pearisburg
Echols, James A         Hoge's Store
Hardwick, T.G.          Newport
Johnson, James D.               Pearisburg
Porterfield, G.T.               Newport
Strader, George         Bane
Strother, P.W.          Pearisburg
Taylor, Hicks           Thessalia
Taylor, Walter          Thessalia

I hope your great grandfather is one of the above.

This is the only year we have so you might want to check with Library of
Virginia or other sources for similar directories.

Suzanne Levy
Virginia Room Librarian
Fairfax County Public Library
3915 Chain Bridge Road