VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
Daryl Lytton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:20:58 -0400
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 Alberta Barry wrote:

> Could anyone tell me if they have an index, or
> if one was made to cover the state of Virginia?

There are a couple of things you could do at  http://www.rootsweb.com

When you get there, scroll down the page to Hosted Volunteer Projects where you'll see US GenWeb listed, and next to that is Archives. Click on Archives, and you could search the archives for Virginia for your surname varients.

Also on RootsWeb is the WorldConnect project. Click on that, enter one of your surname varients, click on Search. At the bottom of the search results page, you'll then have options to narrow your search down to those born or died in Virgina.

Both of those methods should give you a pretty good start at narrowing down the counties in Virginia your surnamed people lived in.

Daryl