VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2008

Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:35:01 -0700
Hello Poldi,

Thank you so much for your input.  I found it very interesting.  Being the wife of a career Military man I have lived in several different foreign countries.  (some more foreign than others -LOL)  When first arriving in a new country the money system was always a nightmare until we learned about the value of each piece of currency and many is the time I have just held out my hand with a bunch of money in it not having a clue of the value of each different piece.  I venture to say that I don't think we have ever been cheated - the natives were always glad to help especially if we smiled and laughed at our own stupidity.  Our young daughters always learned the different languages so much faster than we did and so many times the shopkeepers and door to door merchants ended up talking with them and they in turn would inform me of what the devil was going on.  What fun memories..

Thanks again and I must say my husband also gets his thrills watching the Fox business channel and the fluxing of the stock Market.  Especially now when things are in a bit of a pickle.  We are too old to gamble in the stock market anymore but I actually think that now is a VERY good time to invest if you have several years to wait for the COME.

Take care everyone - there really is a light at the end of the tunnel - I saw it just the other day for a second or two.

fern
www.bufordfamilies.com
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it  well worth the effort....