VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Libbie Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Libbie Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:25:59 -0400
I need to write to the Public Records Office in England for a copy of a
deposition made in 1638 by an early Virginian I believe to have been my
ancestor.  The case he was involved with, and his deposition, are listed in
the Va. Colonial Records Project, but these pages are among those that were
not microfilmed for viewing in the U.S.

I am hoping someone, perhaps from the staff of the Library of Virginia,
will tell me the following:

1.  What is the address I should write to?

2.  I'd like to send my Visa card number with my request and ask that they
charge copying and postage to the card, as one does with NARA copy
requests.  Will that be acceptable to them?  Or will they send the copies
and bill me?

3.  Is there a way to hasten this process?  Does anyone who has done this
before have advice for making it easier?

Thanks,

Libbie Griffin