VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2011

From:
"Childs, Carl (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 08:22:10 -0500
Julie,

Are you looking for the entire case file rather than just the order book
entry? If so, I would contact the clerk's office in Shenandoah County.
An assault would not be the type of case that would be heard on the
chancery side. You should check in the county's judgment or law papers,
where criminal cases are often filed. They may be also filed as a
distinct group of records called criminal or commonwealth causes. While
LVA does have that type of criminal record from many localities, we have
not transferred any criminal or law papers from Shenandoah. The records
in Shenandoah are well organized as the LVA provided grant funding for
them to process their records. They should be able to help you. Try
calling (540) 459-6150
If you are looking for the order books they can be accessed at LVA but
they do not provide the detail that the case file would.

Carl

Carl Childs
Director, Local Records Services
Deputy Coordinator